WEEK2 RESEARCH

I really like “Dreamy Bathroom”. The structure of this work is very smooth.

I went outside to see public art works with my friends in London. I really like “Dreamy Bathroom”. The artist had using bronze as main material, and the structure of this work is very smooth. When the first time I saw it, I thought they were made of marble because the pattern seems really look like marble. When I touch it, I feel rough and heavy.

I think the artist had used a strong contrast between vision and touch when he made this art work because as I said when I first saw it, I think it might be really smooth, but after I touching it, I feel rough.

So it’s a really cool research experience.

The use of bronze, which lends Dreamy Bathroom a sense of sculptural gravitas, is pitched against the colorful, aesthetic playfulness of the shapes.

Webb's poetic assemblage of invented forms reference numerous objects; from Victorian fountains to decorative cushions and art historical movements. The reflective, brightly colored surfaces allude to, or parody, the kitsch appropriations of Pop Art, whilst the forms themselves are a nod to the post-industrial rigours of Ultimately, however, the work's meaning is enigmatic which Webb intentionally strives to cultivate.

It is Gary Webb's opinion that though people appear to hold similar similarities, it is a common occurrence to find perspectives that are in alarmingly dissimilar and perspectives vastly different Like a spontaneous doodle or quick sketch Webb's works are consolidations of the ar tists unconscious, that result in playful sculptural forms that seek to evade one singular, reductive meaning.

-http ://www.sculpture .org.uk/artwork/dreamy-bathroom

I cut three pieces of new shapes, and put them together, into a new object.

...

...

...

The world so big,

it contains got me,

also accommodate got you.

-'Don't crowd!'  Charles Dickens

The reason that why I think about this pome is because the paper mode is quite cool, teacher ask us to put our modes together, like building Blocks. It makes me feel everything’s passable. no matter our mode looks good or bad, it still a part of this project. Use a different way of observing the mode, it could be another different way of outcome.

Anything could under mosaic, and anything could above mosaic.

Vogue Japan's September 2014

As I said, there are unlimited possibilities in this world, it makes me think about the Cthulhu Mythos.

WHAT IS CTHULHU MYTHOS?

Lovecraft's writings are largely based on a fear of the unknown and unknowable, and he didn't do too much to solidify and set out all of his mythos for the reader.

The universe is a vast, uncaring place. Humans are nothing special. There are alien beings out there that are like gods to us, but they are at best ambivalent, and at worst would just see everything destroyed. They are so far beyond our comprehension that to even see some of them would drive a man mad. Coming from beyond the stars, some of them are hardly even contained by the traditional dimensions, some of them are like occult demons, one is even a messenger who disguises itself as other races, including humans, to walk among us. That last one even once had himself worshiped as a pharaoh of ancient Egypt.

One of them is trapped here on Earth. Due to a peculiar alignment of stars, it lays in a state of torpor deep beneath the Pacific Ocean, awaiting the day the stars align once more and allow it to awaken. Even while it sleeps, it sometimes reaches out to touch the dreams of mankind, whispering into the minds of the insane and creeping through the nightmares of even sane men. Cults of madmen and ancient tribes are dedicated to the worship of this, and other, gods.

There are lesser races too. With biology we cannot even hope to grasp, they may live on moons within our solar system, or be capable of traveling from the furthest reaches of the universe in search of resources and test subjects, or even from beyond time itself. Some even lived here on Earth long ago in the earliest stages of life on our planet, grotesque floating polyp-like monstrosities or bizarre, fungoid beings with their race of shapeless, indescribable servitor beasts, the traces of which have been lost to prehistory.

These things are all interlinked, along with strange alien worlds and dreamscapes, making up the mythos. Even outside of the mythos, the world is a strange place populated by dark sciences akin to magic, beings so evil their own malice has deformed them, and terrible creatures lurking in the dark corners of the Earth, where sane men would do best to pray they remain.

-https:/ /w ww. reddit.co m/r/Lovecraft/comments/2v86jx/can_anyone_explain_me_what_is_the_cthulhu_mythos/

Fields marked by '*' are required.
    Comments are moderated. If you choose to make this comment public, it will not be visible to others until it is approved by the owner.